DIRECTOR-LEVEL EXECUTIVE: CORPORATE & UTILITY OPERATIONS
STRATEGY, OPERATIONS & PERFORMANCE | RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- As a direct report to c-suite leaders, orchestrated major strategic, operational and customer initiatives for corporate holding company and utility business units.
- 20+ years of dynamic regulatory and merger integration experience at Fortune 100 Company.
- Deep expertise in performance optimization, customer experience and enterprise risk management—known for taking strategy from ideation to transformation.
Strategy & Financial Planning – Business Operations, Projects & Performance - Business Development Best Practices - Governance, Risk & Control - Resource Optimization – Negotiations - Matrix & Change Management – People Strategy – Customer Experience – Stakeholder Relationships
_________ Corporation, Chicago, IL
Energy generation & utility holding company with annual revenues exceeding $34 billion.
Senior Manager, Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Operations (2014 to 2017)
Selected by Chief Risk Officer to pioneer strategy and implement a newly formed enterprise risk management organization. Led 8 direct reports and matrix staff: 8 operating units, 11 functional areas.
- Successfully launched and grew 9 strategic initiatives and $8M investment from idea to implementation to propel risk culture with oversight by senior leadership and board of directors.
- Led steering committees and decision analysis to optimized & prioritize $184M in capital investments.
- Recommended resource optimization framework & elimination of $23M in cyber security costs.
- Accelerated the alignment of risk functions and eliminated annual costs of $37M and 6 FTEs.
- Generated over $29.6M in risk mitigation solutions to enable strategy and critical project delivery.
- Achieved 18% increase in employee engagement scores related to my leadership of people strategy.
- Awarded innovation recognition for developing young professionals for both years of 2-year program.
Senior Manager/Served as Chief of Staff to President Business Services Co (2011 to 2014)
Promoted to join leadership team and command financial and operational aspects of $2.6B shared services organization: 2,488 employees, 11 functional areas, $7M projects, 7 directs & matrix staff.
- Orchestrated strategy, budget and resource planning initiatives with executive team to contribute to merger cost savings of $311M while growing quality of service to the lines of business by 7%.
- Optimized processes in shared services against leading practices to reduce costs by $98M.
- Accelerated merger integration activities which reduced the cost of resources by 18%.
- Streamlined processes to increase diverse spend by 21% and eliminate administrative costs by 32%.
- Introduced $493K feasibility study which resulted in restructuring of executive fleet operations.
- Exceeded department benchmarks on culture and diversity & inclusion surveys by 16%.
- Developed myriad of material for media which elevated favorable responses and mindshare by 17%.
_________ Company, Chicago and Oak Brook, IL
__________is xyz’s largest electric utility with annual revenues exceeding $15 billion.
Progressed through leadership roles in account management, marketing, customer operations, revenue management, regulatory strategy and government affairs, up to 7 direct reports and 52 contractors.
Manager, Government Affairs & Economic Development (2010 to 2011)
- Spearheaded outreach efforts to gain stakeholders support of Energy Infrastructure Modernization Act or “smart grid” bill by 41%, which collectively achieved $2.6B in infrastructure upgrades.
- Optimized customer experience by eliminating redundant processes and improving $53M in customer-facing technology solutions, including securing rights to ComEd.com brand / domain.
Portfolio Manager, Marketing and Environmental Programs (2007 to 2010)
- Directed $91M energy efficiency portfolio with 18 programs and $10M public relations campaign (featured on Fox, CLTV, NextTV and online) which captured 93% superior level client satisfaction.
- Achieved 100% compliance and exceeded legislative commitments with oversight by the ICC.
Senior Analyst, Regulatory Strategy & Public Policy (2004 to 2007)
- Surpassed return on equity and cost of capital targets by 11% for first-ever procurement and distribution rate cases post deregulation, which collectively contributed $274M to rate base.
- Streamlined evidence to declare Illinois energy markets competitive by monitoring trend analysis from less than 11% to greater than 83% customer adoption.
Account Manager & Team Lead (leadership rotations within customer operations) (1996 to 2004)
- Generated $416M in energy contracts, produced $3.1M in energy solution sales and reduced outstanding accounts receivable by $199M from unprecedented technology disruption.
- Improved delivery time of communication 64% and decreased length of outages 31% as part of customer experience / process improvement initiative.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Concentrations in Strategy, Finance and Economics THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO BOOTH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science (BS)
Business Administration, Minor in Finance NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY, DeKalb, IL